Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Evil Experiment #1 part 4 - Subject Line Again?

After looking at every single message she was sent on POF over the last day and a bit, Celine says:

"What a bunch of losers. No one stood out enough to make me want to get to know them better, let alone go out on a date with them. I was bombarded by an avalanche of cliches and compliments, when you can tell all they are after is sex. If I was a dull nymphomaniac I'd certainly jump a couple based on their profile pics though."

Which brings me to another topic... I've interviewed those who I consider to be some of the most attractive women on Plenty Of Fish. I'm collating the answers to the questionnaire I sent out so expect to see a little more about how the other half lives.

But we're not finished with Celine's Plenty Of Fish adventure yet. I'd like to do a breakdown of the messages she received starting with the message subject line.

Subject Line

Here's a breakdown of the most common subject lines by frequency...

Hi - 69

Hello there - 25

Hey - 18

Hi there - 17

Hey there - 12

Wow - 3

Plus a bunch of others ranging from sexually explicit to "how R U".

Remember, these are just over a two day period. As you can see, the most popular subject line by far was "Hi". Women receive SO MANY emails on POF compared to guys that unless the subject line is more interesting than "hi", your message stands a good chance of being "unread deleted".

Guys, you don't need to start writing haiku in your subject lines, but put a bit of thought into it and at least make an effort to stand out from the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment